The life cycle of plants requires certain rules from the outset. If the plant is to have the right conditions for successful growth, it needs to provide enough water, nutrients, light, carbon dioxide and the right temperature. We will talk more about temperature in certain stages of growth in today's article.
It is important to give the plants the right temperature as soon as we start to germinate the germinated seeds in order to grow well. Sometimes it is not easy to keep these conditions when talking about outdoor cultivation. We are the masters of the whole situation when we grow indoor.
Imagine elements that do not have a direct impact on growth and climate in the growing room, but thanks to the data provided by them, they help us achieve the result we want.
- Thermometer - It is necessary to measure the temperature in the growing room. Thermometers are affordable at a very affordable level, so it is no harm to buy more and therefore have different parts of the growing room under control. That will allow usis the correct setting of fans, air conditioning and heating. The most suitable thermometer would be one that records the maximum and minimum temperature reached. Not everyone has the opportunity to monitor the condition of the growing room throughout the day, and as the temperature may fluctuate significantly during the day and night, this can have grave consequences for growers. And what causes temperature fluctuations? It depends on the operation of lamps and fans.
- Heating element for water - 22-25 ° C is the ideal temperature for the nutrient solution. Too low a temperature causes plants to shock and, on the contrary, too high results in a weakening of the root system and also increases the possibility of mold. Though not everyone uses it for growing, it is important for a small portion of growers. And what's good to know is that the heater should have the same power as the tank space used.
- Substrate Thermometer - Although not the most important element for temperature monitoring, it does not hurt to have it. After all, it is good to be able to work with the most detailed information about what conditions are provided to plants.
The temperature of the nutrient solution
By maintaining the correct temperature, ie 22-25 ° C, nutrient absorption is accelerated.
Temperature at different stages of growth
- 1) Seed germination
- The seedbed should be ready before the seed germination begins. That is, the lamps should be hung, the air conditioning system fully installed, the proven functionality of the irrigation system, the containers filled with substrate. For germination, seeds require darkness, moisture and heat. So it is ideal to soak the seeds in water for 12-24 hours at a temperature of20-25 ° Cand leave them in the room with the same temperature in the dark. After this time has elapsed, it will move to a moistened cotton (paper).
- 2) Seeded sprouted seeds
- At this time the plants are very sensitive. The temperature in the growing room should be maintained at about 24-28 ° C.
- 3) First weeks of growthh
- This phase occurs when the sprouted seeds are completely rooted. It is necessary to maintain a constant temperature, which ranges between 24-28 ° C during the day and between 18-26 ° C at night and to keep the humidity optimally at 80%.
- 4) Flowering phase
- It occurs at a time when sexual reproductive organs (flowers) are beginning to appear on plants. As most varieties bloom depending on the length of day and night, you need to switch from the growth phase (18 hours light and 6 hours darkness) to the flowering phase (12 hours light and 12 hours darkness). The first visible difference is about a week later. It is a bit different for autoflowering varieties. The flower does not switch here. Lighting time is 18-20 hrs throughout the growth and darkness 4-6 hrs. And the most important thing in our article today is temperature. Thus, it is maintained at 24-28 ° C during the day and 18-26 ° C overnight.
- 5) Drying
- Ideal conditions for drying are: darkness, uniform airflow, humidity 45-55%, temperature setting at 16-20 ° C. If this is done, the drying time will be prolonged, but on the other hand a higher final product quality will be obtained.
Fist Problemsand their solution
- If the plants do not crawl at all , it may be because the seeds have planted too deep, or have caused excess (lack) of moisture, or also high (low) temperature. And the solution? In this case, just plant a new seed.
- Clone wilting - can cause low air humidity, low moisture in the growing medium or high temperature. So what will be needed to solve this problem? The air humidity can be increased by closing the greenhouse ventilation openings, and to ensure that the temperature (18-21 ° C) is maintained.
- The edges of the leaves curl and dry - this may be due to poor climate. Therefore, care should be taken to maintain proper humidity and temperature. Remove damaged parts of the sheets.
- Yellowing clones - caused by poor climate or excess moisture in the growing medium. Helps adjust the temperature to 24-28 ° C and relative humidity to 80%. In case of excess moisture, turn off the automatic irrigation and water only when the medium is drier.
- In the flowering phase, the plants are dark green and the leaves appear to be flounder - a possible cause is low night temperature. It will be necessary to heat up.
And one interesting point at the end. Did you know why the Purple variety turns purple? It can be just the temperature and of course it affects the genetic equipment. Atgrowing under normal conditions, chlorophyll (green dye) overcomes other colors and the resulting plant color is green. In the colder autumn period, chlorophyll decreases and the purple pigment, which is in the layer just below chlorophyll, begins to turn the flowers into a beautiful purple color. The most famous purple varieties include: Purple Kush, Purple Haze, Purple Vodoo, Purple Diesel or Purple # 1.