- CBG is one of the non-psychoactive cannabinoids contained in medicinal cannabis
- Like many others, it manifests itself as a promising therapeutic for a variety of health problems
- Scientists urge further, thorough research on this cannabinoid
Until now, in our series of articles on cannabinoids, we have described the cob THC,non-psychoactive but therapeutically highly effective CBD, sleep CBN, energy THCV and anti-inflammatory THCA. If you are interested in the therapeutic spectrum and chemistry of cannabis, we highly recommend these past articles.
Today ishowever, we will look at the still unknown but interesting cannabinoid for many reasons cannabigerol - CBG.
Non-psychoactive, but therapeutically effective
CBGis as well as the more familiar CBD non-psychoactive -So if you are just talking about cannabis, dont look for CBGmoc-rich varieties. However, CBG is a cannabinoid commonly found below 1% in cannabis. it is therefore considered a secondary cannabinoid. What is interesting, however, is that CBGda is considered to be the THC father and CBD father - its chemical precursor. Overall, the CBG precursor"born" cannabinoids THCA CBDA and CBCA.
Specific enzymes begin to decompose CBGA in the plant and direct it to turn into one of the three mentioned cannabinoids. Then, for example, THCA is only exposed to heat or ultraviolet radiation and voal - star THC in the world. Regarding the CBG versus THC and CBD ratios in the plant, their direct chemical relationship is a simple rule - the more THC and CBD, the less CBG and conversely.
Some of todays cannabis breeders are trying to create varieties richer in CBG by breeding varieties and genetic manipulation. A good example is the seedbank breeding teamt. Subcoolseeds which to develop CBG varieties working actively. For the time being, scientists use the early extraction method, for which they try to capture the best time - at roflowering 8 weeks, the CBG extraction time is ideal around the sixth week of the flowering phase.
Possible health effects of CBG
If you have already read menull article Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System ", so you know that they are plant cannabinoids (phytocannabinoids) able to work perfectly with our endocannabinoid system, whose general function is to maintain a balance in the body - so-called homeostasis.
In various parts of the body, the endocannabine system is also responsible for various functions - for example, in the case of injury, it cares for the regulation of immune cells and reduces excessive inflammation.
CBG was fromassured that it is able to positively affect specific physiological systems and how it looks, its health the effects are very promising:
- Endocannabinoid receptors are found in large numbers in our eyes and it seems that it is thanks to CBG that therapeutic cannabis effective for treating green Turbidity - is able to reduce the internal pressure in the eye. It acts as a strong vasodilator and also has beneficial neuroprotective effects.
- In a 2015 study conducted in mouse subjects, CBG was found to be able to protect the neurons of mice suffering from Huntigtons diseasewhich is characterized by degeneration of the nervous system cells of the brain.
- CBG is alsomanifests as a potential helper to fight cancer. Specifically, it was observed its ability to block the receptors responsible for the growth of cancerous cells. One of the studies also demonstrated CB ability to prevent the growth of colorectal cancer cells in mice, which doesequals the ability to prevent the spread of colon cancer.
- European studies show the effects of CBG as effective antibacterial agent , especially effective in the case of the so-called
Staphy lococcus aureus(MRSA), a microbial variety resistant to most of todays drugs. Scientists have been aware of the positive effects of cannabis on skin infections since the 1950s, but we are only now beginning to understand the chemical processes responsible for these effects.
- In one of sizeIn my recent studies in 2017, mouse subjects have been found to be purifiedCBG form free of all delta-9 THCs very effective as an appetite stimulant. This discovery may well lead to the development of a new, non-psychoactive therapeutic to treat cachexia- stage observed in advanced forms of cancer and other diseases, where muscle loss and rapid escalation occurthe body weight.
- In study that has seen the effects of five different cannabinoids on bladder contractions, CBG has emerged as the most effective cannabinoid that is able to reduce contraction - hence CBG will be a good tool to counter dysfunction in this area.
The Future of Cannabinoid Research
Researchers from around the world are excited about existing CBG effects, and many of them support and encourage further, future research. CBG appears to be an effective therapeutic against a number of diseases and diseases, both alone and in combination with other cananbinoids. It is especially interesting for scientists because it can be administered without any of the following psychoactive effects for some of the patients.